Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mixed Bag

If ever there was a day to skip the gym, it should be today. It is RAINING SIDEWAYS. And hard. But, being the committed exerciser that I am, I went to the gym anyway.

Actually, I really felt like I *had* to go. My plans for the day got interrupted yesterday when I stayed home with my *non-sick* daughter and I didn't make it to the gym at all. (You see, her daddy came downstairs as I was about to leave for work and said Landry had just thrown up. I decided immediately I'd work from home and keep her with me. Within 30 minutes she was jumping on the mini-tramp in my bedroom--I got suspicious--this is either going to make her blow chunks like chunks have never been blown before, or she's not sick. As it turns out, it was the latter. Apparently, Jeff was brushing her "teeth" too hard and she gagged and threw up.)

And, I blew my back-up plan, too. Plan B was to do my exercise DVD. I bought this DVD after I had Korley almost two years ago. I had seen a story about it on our local news and how people were having amazing results, so I ordered it. We were going on a beach vacation with some friends when Korley was 4 months old, so my goal was to NOT look like a fat pregnant heifer during the vacation. The DVD worked--by vacation time I only looked like a fat heifer. Seriously, it is a good DVD and I did lose inches, but the problem is that the DVD is SO. DANG. BORING!!!! The production quality is horrible--I'm pretty sure they filmed it in some sort of hotel conference room. Actually, make that motel conference room. I'm way off track now, but my point is, I couldn't bring myself to fighting through an hour of boringness.....

....not while Dancing With the Stars was on!! However, then I saw Edyta and her freakin' 12-foot-long faboulous legs and I wished I had done something yesterday. Snap!

No comments: