Friday, April 25, 2008

Good news! I've lost 14 pounds!

Just kidding.

Ugh, this blog. I've been avoiding it purposely. Kinda like I when I'm walking through the mall and I fake talk on my phone so I don't have to talk to the "Can I ask you a question....do you wear your nails natural?" people. But, I started this and I'm sticking with it until I lose 30 lbs. Even if it takes me 40 years. And it probably will.

I AM working out. I work from the office Mon-Wed and I work at home on Th & Fri. So, on days I go to the office, I go work out during lunch. I'm typically at the gym for about an hour and fifteen minutes or so. Everyday I do 25 minutes of cardio (either elliptical or treadmill) and one week I'll do upper body weights twice and lower body once, and then I'll switch the next week.

I lose and gain the same 3-4 lbs over and over again and I know why. 1) I probably should work in a couple more workouts a week. 2) I haven't drastically changed my diet (although I'm still doing no fried foods and no coke [coke as in soda, not street drug] [but, i'm not doing street drug, either]) 3) While I AM working out, I'm not necessarily busting my butt. I know that if I am only going to work out 3X/week, I need to step up the intensity to actually lose those 3-4 lbs for good.

Here's the thing, though--I feel so much better. For the first time at this weight, I'm okay with being this weight. No, I don't want to stay here, but I'm okay with getting a slow start off the starting block. For the first time in a long time my legs are hard and muscle-y. They don't jiggle (as much) when I walk. And, even though I haven't lost weight, I'm pretty sure I've lost inches. My pant legs are starting to look more like pant legs and less like sausage casing.

So, there's the update. Wish I had more progress to share, but I'm happy to report that I'm still on this journey....even if I'm moving at a snail's pace!

2 comments:

wanted: hot mama said...

Holy crap ... I think we share a brain! I fake talk ALL the time. Everyone makes fun of me for it, but I loathe the "question" people. Grr. And I'm right there with ya on the losing and gaining the same fistful of pounds. It bugs, but as long as you're seeing and feeling results, the hell with the scale (hmm, I should take my own advice, lol).

Anywhoo, keep up the great work woman!

mimipam said...

Courtney....ha you make me laugh out loud--just like Tessa does (she is my daughter). Congrats on the weight loss...no matter how long it takes, as long as you are happy with yourself!! YeeHaw. By the way, we used to live in Lubbock and now I live in Abilene...I saw on your other blog you had lived both places...freaky neat huh?? ha ha mimipam