Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bad CARma

Yesterday was a really frustrating day. My car broke down while I was driving it. And, as CARma would go, I was on a busy overpass, stuck on a lane, with no shoulder, holding up a lot of angry jerks.

Fortunately, I was on my way back from the gym--otherwise I would not have worked out at all yesterday.

Unfortunately, I didn't eat breakfast at all yesterday and had planned on eating lunch once I returned to the office.

Also, I should have peed before I left the gym. I definitely would have had I had known I was going to be sitting in my car for the next 2.5 hours.

So, at 3:30 once the tow truck had dropped off my car at Pep Boys (for the second time in 3 days--NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER use Pep Boys) I was famished. And pissed. And tense. I had basically been gripping my steering wheel for two hours expecting to be rear-ended every time I glanced in my rear view mirror and would see a car coming at me 60 mph. I felt like I really deserved a big honkin' plate of enchiladas and a Paul Bunyan-sized glass of margarita--so, that's what I got. And, I don't regret one single bit of those calories.

No comments: