Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hi y'all! Just checking in to let you know that I'm still fat.

Last week was the first week in months that I didn't work out at all. I had a busy work week AND it was my birthday AND we had stuff with the kids going on every night of the week. It's not an excuse, just admitting.... I feel icky, though, and am ready to get back to the gym today.

As usual, I've been eating like crap. Of course, even if I was on a diet, I probably would have blown it big time this past weekend. I love long holiday weekends, but why do I feel the need to honor our veterans by binge eating?

So, TODAY, I'm starting something new. Let me give you a little back story....

A little over a year ago, I started doing Weight Watchers. I did it for a while strictly as an online member, and then I started going to meetings. I didn't lose a substantial amount of weight, but I consistently lost 1-2 pounds/week, which is healthy. I found that the program (I did POINTS) was *fairly* (I'll define fairly in a minute) easy to stay on, and I was happy that I could pretty much eat whatever I wanted so long as I stayed within my allotted points.

Ok, I said it was fairly easy, but here's where I fell off the wagon. If I was staying in my routine (work, home, sleep--repeat, repeat, repeat) then I could stick to it. But, once I was out of my routine, I would break. In mid-June, we travelled to Florida for Jeff's brother's wedding. Uh, sorry, but I cannot calculate the points value for unbelieavable seafood and open bar.

Plus, I found it difficult to plan my own meals and calculate the points value. So, here is where the genius of my new plan is revealed.

E-Mealz! My sister told me about E-Mealz and I looked into it and I think I'm going to like it. This program develops new menus every week. You can sign up for their "regular" menus, or low-fat, OR....POINTS menus. Obviously, I'm doing the points one. They provide a menu for every night of the week, AND tell you the points value, AND provide a shopping list based on the menu. How easy!

Of course, I say that now....I'll check back in and let you know how it goes! :)

Also, shout out to Mimi Pam....thanks for the comment on my last post--I know I'm a terrible updater! ;)

1 comment:

wanted: hot mama said...

Aww, you gave my mom her very first online shout out ... sweeeet! =) And yay you for trying a new approach. I'm sooo there on the whole routine business ... I plow through the weeks, no prob, and blow it on weekends. Will have to check out the web site and see if it would help my bib ol' butt, too. Do they have veggie-free, fruit-free options? If so, I'm sooo in. =) GOOD LUCK!