Monday, February 18, 2008

This blog is back! Not because I got thin and then fat again, but because I'm still fat (and mad!) and now going to do something about it.

Weigh-In days are Mondays. I read several weight/diet/exercise blogs and a lot of people divulge their starting weight. Not me--not gonna do it. But, I will update how many lbs I'm down from week to week.

So, for the first time in a LONG time I made my way to *the gym* today--the new gym. It's not technically new, but it was the first time I've been (even though I've been a member since August) so it's new to me. I hate being "new", especially to gyms. I like to walk in and know exactly where I'm going and what I'm doing--instead of aimlessly wandering searching for a particular machine (or locker room!). But, I went--and it was fine.

Today I just did 20 min. on the treadmill and about 30 min. of upper-body free weights. I intended to do 30 min. on the treadmill, but I was walking next to where Michael Johnson was running. This dude got on his treadmill about 8 min. into my walking and cranked his treadmill up to speed 10. Now I'm no track coach, but I don't think he really had any business going that fast. He was POUNDING the treadmill with every stride and was breathing like he had just come up from being underwater for 7 days. Anyway, after 12 minutes of this I decided that I had had enough. I know, I know--excuses, excuses. But, I was ready to get on with something else anyway. BTW, he didn't run at a 10 the whole time; after a few minutes he cranked it down to a more reasonable 8.5. :)

The only hitch came when I was going to back to the locker room to change back into my work clothes. Here's a beginner's locker room tip--memorize your locker combination BEFORE you lock all your belongings in a locker.

More tomorrow...

1 comment:

wanted: hot mama said...

YAY!!! So glad to have another "fluffy" friend sharing all the nitty gritty details for the world wide web to, um, savor. =)

Although, I must admit, I think you're totally cheating (like eating an entire cheesecake cheating)by NOT divulging your starting weight. Chicken. lol!

Happy sweating!